The Science of Observation and Healing
If you make listening and observation your occupation you will gain much more than you can by talk. -Robert Baden-Powell
It’s been a privilege and distinct honour to spend time observing in BodyTalk, BreakThrough and Reveal & Release seminars and sessions with students and clients. One of my favorite ways to observe is with group treatments, one of the most powerful forms of healing available. Time and time again I hear from the individuals participating in group tele-sessions, “Are you sure that session wasn’t specifically just for me?” (see the testimonial at the end of the article). This highlights how much more alike we are as humans, any differences between us seem to become very small when we’re united in this common group energy of healing.
The only thing required for change is observation. The power of group healing results from the increase in focus and awareness. In a group there’s more observation present, there’s a great possibility for a shift in consciousness, along with a greater possibility for healing to occur.
The Science Behind It:
• In scientific experiments, when live cells from the same person are separated by miles, whatever is done to one of the cells is reflected in the other cells miles away.
• Non-local events happen all the time. For example, have you ever been thinking about a person and then the phone rings and it’s them on the other end. Experiments with dogs have shown that some dogs can detect the moment their owner leaves work to come home (the distance is well beyond the capabilities of their sense of smell).
• Quantum physics describe this as a non-local quantum hologram, which means that information can be accessed by connected people without those people being in the presence of each other.
• When we observe anything that seems to be in the present moment, it changes our experience of both our past and our future. This is because time doesn’t exist but our minds need the concept of time in order to make sense of our world.
• How you observe the present moment then shapes your experience of the past and of the future.
• Observation is really the only thing required for healing.
• One of the best ways to increase your healing is to use group energy to increase the observation. Here’s one person’s experience:
“Thank you deeply from my entire body/mind. This session touched every area of my being and it may well have been for me alone. It gave me peace and solace and it lifted and soothed me. In that it was for the entire group, lifted me and touched me in ways that I am having difficulty expressing. Suffice it to say, it was joyous, inspiring and healing.”
-Sunny Greenberg, Group BodyTalk Session Participant, BodyTalk Access Trainer